ESCAPE TO TAHITI AND HER ISLANDS (2011)
Episode 2 - Escape to Tahiti and her Islands is second part of the long-term project created by Escape to Nature production. Film was awarded at several film festivals in the Czech Republic and abroad.
We spent half of summer 2010 in French Polynesia and cooperated with Tahiti Tourisme.
Our pictures and movie are from seven islands of French Polynesia: Tahiti, Moorea, Huahine, Maupiti, Raiatea, Tahaa and Bora Bora.
52" documentary travelogue about the Society Islands of French Polynesia is focused on environmental and observation projects of marine wildlife, nature protection, history, natives, ancient customs and our photographic work.
"Trailer of the film"
Escape to Tahiti and her Islands
Documentary travelogue from a series called “Escape to Nature”
Production: Escape to Nature
Script: Libor Spacek and Petra Dolezalova
Director: Libor Spacek
Camera/DoP: Libor Spacek
Commentary wrote: Petra Dolezalova
Commentary in English: Robert Polo, Andrea Miltnerova, Daniel Brown
Edited by: Stepan Nepras, Libor Spacek
Music: Ole Jorn Myklebust, Viola Juju
Runtime: 52min : 16sec
Format: PAL, (transfered to NTSC), 16:9, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 (DVD a BluRay)
languages: Czech, English, French
Second from the “Escape to Nature” series of travelogue documents offers an unusual view of another one of the most beautiful places on Earth; The Society Islands of French Polynesia.
What do the islands, which already two hundred years ago were renowned for their spellbinding nature, magic rituals and dances full of unbound passion look like today? Do the mysterious rituals exist in the 21st century or are they but shows for the tourists? Have the natives retain their connection with the nature which has been to them the source of deep understanding for centuries?
The fabric of stories experienced by the creators of the Escape is interwoven with threads of interconnectedness and accompanied by pictures both on land and under the sea. Exciting meeting of the authors with intelligent sharks brings doubts into the myth about blood thirsty predators and the document depicts unforgettable moments from the first encounters with these masters of the deep. Sharks, just like the sea turtles have survived hundreds of millions of years to find themselves on the brink of extinction thanks to men.
Poetic moments, as well as the action shots of predators often coming close enough to touch, bring up many own associations and feelings in the viewers. Number of side topics support the pivotal idea of the document and speak to a broad section of the audience. Harmonious blend of picture, music and commentary offers an unusually intimate experience. The Escape to Tahiti takes a viewer gently yet firmly through the respectful visit of the beautiful temple of the Mother Nature.
The filming took place in French Polynesia (islands Tahiti, Moorea, Raiatea, Tahaa, Huahine, Maupiti, Bora Bora)
Expert advisor: JUDr ET PhDr Miloslav Stingl, Ladislava Jirova
The documentary project “Escape to Nature” has come to life thanks to unique cooperation of two photographers, cameramen and travelers who got inspired by their original document “Escape to Mauritius” and decided not to stop there.
- 44th TOURFILM in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic (2011) - 1st prize in Category of TV documents
- International Tourism Film Festival Barcelos, Portugal (2011) - 1st prize in category Nautical Tourism and Water Activities.
- International Film Festival SILAFEST 2011 in Serbia - "The Blue Danube" for "THE BEST TOURIST REPORTAGE"
- Escape to Nature was awarded as "The Best Producer" for documentary travelogue at the "15th Document.Art." International Film Festival on Art, Ecology and Tourism at Câmpulung Muscel, Argeş county, Romania, (July, 2011)
- XXXI. International Film Festival ”Autumn in Voronet” (2011) in Gura Humorului, Romania - 1th prize in category Documentary Film
- 15th International Underwater Film Festival in Belgrade, Serbia (2011) – Special Jury Mention
- 1th Finisterra Arrábida FilmArt & Tourism Festival in Portugal (2012) was awarded as „The Best Documentary“ in category “Diving”
!!! We offer the rights to broadcast the first three episodes of documentary series Escape to Nature for acquisitions of television channels, cable televisions !!!
Award-winning documentaries from project Escape to Nature:
Escape to Mauritius (50')
Escape to Tahiti and Her Islands (52')
Escape to Saint Lucia (52')